Dermal fillers work to restore structure and return volume to the face. Containing high levels of hyaluronic acid, they can be used to increase volume, erase wrinkles, shape contours, address asymmetry and enhance features. They also help to rejuvenate collagen and elastin in the skin, making it immediately appear plumper, more hydrated and fresh.
Over the years dermal fillers have become increasingly sophisticated and can achieve phenomenal results – in the right hands. This is Laurie’s area of specialisation and she is renowned for her ability to enhance while achieving the most natural look. Depending on the application and on your specific skin characteristics, Laurie will advise on the best product for you. Only products that adhere to the highest safety standards are used.
Fillers come in the form of an injectable gel. The injection of fillers is a minimally invasive, quick procedure. Occasionally there may be very mild swelling or slight bruising – though Laurie is adept at minimising this through expert use of a cannula and vein finding Acuvein scanner where possible. The products themselves contain mild anaesthetics and coupled with the use of a numbing cream, there is little to no discomfort.
The latest medical research has shown that the body responds naturally to the injection of dermal filler by stimulating collagen producing cells, thereby prolonging the effects of filler. This means that over time, less filler may be required to achieve the same results.
Most often requests are for:
- Cheek enhancement / cheek lifting
- Softening lines from the nose to the mouth (nasolabial fold)
- Softening Marionette lines, “sad lines” running from lip corners to jawline
- Tear troughs/ erasing under eye circles
- Restoring lost lip volume / enhancing the lip
- Fading lines above the lips “smoker’s lines”
- Redefining lip lines
- Defining the chin
- Defining the jaw line / jowels
- Refining the shape of the nose
- Wholistic total global facial restoration using the world renowned MD codes approach